You want to change the encryption mode.
This encryption mode will be used for subsequent
But only in the current request.
Here's a list of some cipher modes:
- "ecb" - Electronic codebook. Suitable for random data, such as encrypting other keys.
- "cbc" - Cipher Block Chaining. Especially suitable for encrypting files.
- "cfb" - Cipher Feedback. The best mode for encrypting byte streams where single bytes must be encrypted.
- "ofb" - Output feedback (8bit). Not recommended because it's insecure (only operates in 8bit mode).
- "nofb" - Output feedback (nbit). Similar to "ofb" but more secure because it operates on the block size of the algorithm.
- "stream" - An extra mode for stream algorithms like "WAKE" or "RC4".
By default Laravel automatically uses the mode